Abyss Solutions is a technology startup that is on the cutting edge of infrastructure asset inspection. We design and operate custom data gathering robots, and use machine learning and advanced data analytics to interpret the torrent of data that we collect.
We are searching for a practically minded individual who is passionate about software engineering and enjoys crisp scalable minimalistic solutions.
Your role will involve the full software development lifecycle of a broad range of tools for automated data collection and analysis of diverse and challenging field data. Your output will deliver invaluable analytics to a wide range of commercial clients.You’ll be working closely with a group of experienced software engineers, machine learning specialists, and robotics experts, guiding you towards development of our cutting-edge products.
• Develop software for field robotics and data manipulation, management, analysis, and representation
• Contribute to the development and delivery of commercial data products
At least a graduate in computer science or software engineering degree.
Skills and Requirements
• Great Python and/or modern C++ in Linux environment
• Strong mathematical and problem solving skills
• Strong software design skills
• Understanding Bash scripting
• Understanding software testing methodologies
• Basic understanding of computer vision, data science, machine learning, and robotics
• AWS ecosystem
• Experience in Agile methodologies
What’s in it for you
• GROW: Rapidly growing tech firm with exceptional ambitions, actively delivering novel products. You will see your work making a big impact to real clients!
• COLLABORATE: Work tightly with a diverse entrepreneurial team with lots of opportunities for growth and mentorship
• LEARN: A continuous learning culture with support for courses, meetups and academic collaborations
• PLAY: Flexible work arrangements and a socially active team
• Full Time permanent
HOW TO APPLY
If you have the required skills we would love to hear from you! Please apply by sending an email to [email protected] and kindly make sure to include the following:
• Resume, and,
• Cover Letter – Your cover letter must address the following points:
– Half page containing a brief overview of relevant skills and work experience for this role, and your work/visa eligibility in Australia.
– Apply linear regression to find the next number in the following series: 25, 36, 45, 54, 72, 83. Please include the output number to nearest decimal point in the cover letter.
We will not accept applications without a cover letter to accompany your resume.
Abyss Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at the workplace. We welcome and highly encourage women, people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent and people from diverse backgrounds to apply.