Abyss Solutions is an award-winning and rapidly accelerating start-up delivering data-driven engineering assessments for critical infrastructure. The team pushes state-of-the-art in machine learning using creative measures for harvesting key information collected from remote systems operating in challenging field conditions.
Our team consists of experts in marine robotics, computer vision, machine learning, sensor technology and civil engineering.
We are searching for a practically minded field technician to aid in the field deployment of new underwater technologies. In the field, you will test, operate, and maintain the fleet of robotic platforms, solve problems both unforeseen and expected, and ensure the delivery of our cutting-edge data products. When not in the field, you will work within a dynamic and agile development-driven team to assist in the fabrication of new platforms and repair of equipment. Successful candidates will enjoy challenging and sometimes physical work whilst having a strong commitment to safety.
Abyss will offer a very competitive market based salary package.
- Operate on-site with the field operations team both domestically and internationally.
- Integration, deployment, and operation of state-of-the-art robotic platforms built at Abyss
- When not on-site, assist in the fabrication of new platforms and repair of equipment
- Provide detailed, actionable recommendations back to Hardware and Software teams on the system based on field operations and feedback from clients
- Troubleshoot issues, and coordinate maintenance of various robotic platforms
1-5 years field service / customer support background and/or 1-5 years manufacturing experience in final assembly or test of electronic equipment
Skills and Requirements
- Hands on engineering fabrication/workshop experience or mechanical / fitting trade
- Basic electrical experience – soldering, cabling, circuit debugging
- Comfortable with modern computer usage
- Strong problem solving skills and a natural tinkerer. Enjoy working in a high-paced collaborative environment
- Full Drivers Licence
- Experience in any or all of the following areas is a plus: working in the Oil and Gas industry, subsea surveying, ROV/AUV maintenance.
- CAD Modelling skills
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate
What’s in it for you
- GROW: Rapidly growing tech firm with exceptional ambitions, actively delivering novel products. You will see your work making a big impact to real clients!
- COLLABORATE: Work tightly with a diverse entrepreneurial team with lots of opportunities for growth and mentorship
- LEARN: A continuous learning culture with support for courses, meetups and academic collaborations
- PLAY: Flexible work arrangements and a socially active team
Abyss Solutions is located in Homebush Business Village in the Inner West of Sydney. The office is within close proximity to the Great Western Highway, Western Motorway and Homebush Bay Drive, which places it at the junction of major arterial roads linking Sydney north to south and east to west. Bus and railway stations are easily accessible. The Sydney CBD is only 30 minutes drive away.
How To Apply
If you have the required skills we would love to hear from you! Please apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title Field Technician – YOUR_NAME and kindly make sure to include the following:
- Resume, and,
- Cover Letter – Your cover letter must address the following points:
- Overview of relevant skills and work experience for this role
- Your work/visa eligibility in Australia.
- Answer to this question in your cover letter: What is the maximum total bolt length of a M10x20 bolt. According to the DIN 912 Specification.
We will not accept applications without a cover letter to accompany your resume.
Abyss Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at the workplace. We welcome and highly encourage women, people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent and people from diverse backgrounds to apply.