Intermediate to Senior Position
Abyss Solutions is an award-winning and rapidly accelerating start-up delivering data-driven engineering assessments for critical infrastructure. The team pushes state-of-the-art in machine learning using creative measures for harvesting key information collected from remote systems operating in challenging field conditions.
Our team consists of experts in marine robotics, computer vision, machine learning, sensor technology and civil engineering.
Your role will involve the full software development lifecycle of a broad range of tools for automated data collection and analysis of diverse and challenging field data. Your output will deliver invaluable analytics to a wide range of commercial clients. You’ll be working closely with a group of experienced software engineers, machine learning specialists, and robotics experts, guiding you towards the development of our cutting-edge products.
- Develop web applications for data manipulation and representation
- Contribute to the development and delivery of commercial data products
At least a graduate in computer science or software engineering degree.
Skills and Requirements
- Proven experience with and passion for UI and UX design
- Proven experience with and passion for Data Visualisation
- Micro-services Architecture
- Python/Django REST API
- Experience with Relational (eg. PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (eg. MongoDB) databases
- Experienced in use of the git source control system with a branching development methodology
- Experience in Agile methodologies, leading small teams, driving code reviews
- Experience in Unit Testing, test automation, and Continuous Integration.
- Proficient communication and analytical skills
- Familiarity with the AWS ecosystem
- Experience with image and 3D data manipulation
- Familiarity with Linux
What’s in it for you
- GROW: Rapidly growing tech firm with exceptional ambitions, actively delivering novel products. You will see your work making a big impact to real clients!
- COLLABORATE: Work tightly with a diverse entrepreneurial team with lots of opportunities for growth and mentorship
- LEARN: A continuous learning culture with support for courses, meetups and academic collaborations
- PLAY: Flexible work arrangements and a socially active team
Abyss Solutions is located in Homebush Business Village in the Inner West of Sydney. The office is within close proximity to the Great Western Highway, Western Motorway and Homebush Bay Drive, which places it at the junction of major arterial roads linking Sydney north to south and east to west. Bus and railway stations are easily accessible. The Sydney CBD is only 30 minutes drive away.
How To Apply
If you have the required skills we would love to hear from you! Please apply by sending an email to email@example.com and kindly make sure to include the following:
- Resume, and,
- Cover Letter – Your cover letter must address the following points:
- Half page containing a brief overview of relevant skills and work experience for this role, and your work/visa eligibility in Australia.
- Write down the output when executing the following code in the node, and comment on how long will the code block take to run to completion:
console .log( “Apple” )
setTimeout(() => console .log( “Orange” ), 1000 )
setTimeout(() => console .log( “Pumpkin” ), 500 )
console .log( “Cherry” )
We will not accept applications without a cover letter to accompany your resume.
Abyss Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at the workplace. We welcome and highly encourage women, people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent and people from diverse backgrounds to apply.