Abyss Solutions is an award-winning and rapidly accelerating start-up delivering data-driven engineering assessments for critical infrastructure. The team pushes state-of-the-art in machine learning using creative measures for harvesting key information collected from remote systems operating in challenging field conditions.
Our team consists of experts in marine robotics, computer vision, machine learning, sensor technology and civil engineering.
We are searching for a practically minded engineer to aid in the development, testing, and operation of new underwater technologies. In the lab, you will work within a dynamic and agile development-driven team, giving you the opportunity to develop your professional knowledge and collaborate on a wide range of engineering projects. Your output will deliver invaluable analytics to a wide range of commercial clients. In the field, you will test, operate, and maintain the fleet of robotic platforms, solve problems both unforeseen and expected, and ensure the delivery of our cutting-edge data products.
- Assist in the development, integration, and testing for all Abyss robotic platforms. This includes ROVs, surface vessels, subsea cameras, and novel technological systems
- Troubleshoot issues, coordinate maintenance, and data gathering on the ROV
- Operate on-site, domestic and international travel
At least a graduate in a robotics related degree such as Mechatronic or Mechanical (with robotics major) engineering
Skills and Requirements
- Robotics system integration/electronic circuit design experience
- Software development using Python/C/C++/Arduino Languages
- Hands on engineering fabrication/workshop experience/CAD modelling skills
- Basic electrical experience – soldering, cabling, circuit debugging
- Strong problem solving skills and a natural tinkerer. Enjoy working in a high-paced collaborative environment
- Full Drivers Licence
- Understanding of computer vision, data science, machine learning
- Familiarity with Linux and ROS Environments
- PCB Design
- Experience in Agile methodologies
What’s in it for you
- GROW: Rapidly growing tech firm with exceptional ambitions, actively delivering novel products. You will see your work making a big impact to real clients!
- COLLABORATE: Work tightly with a diverse entrepreneurial team with lots of opportunities for growth and mentorship
- LEARN: A continuous learning culture with support for courses, meetups and academic collaborations
- PLAY: Flexible work arrangements and a socially active team
Abyss Solutions is located in Homebush Business Village in the Inner West of Sydney. The office is within close proximity to the Great Western Highway, Western Motorway and Homebush Bay Drive, which places it at the junction of major arterial roads linking Sydney north to south and east to west. Bus and railway stations are easily accessible. The Sydney CBD is only 30 minutes drive away.
How To Apply
If you have the required skills we would love to hear from you! Please apply by sending an email to email@example.com and kindly make sure to include the following:
- Resume, and,
- Cover Letter – Your cover letter must address the following points:
- Half page containing a brief overview of relevant skills and work experience for this role, and your work/visa eligibility in Australia.
- Apply linear regression to find the next number in the following series: 25, 36, 45, 54, 72, 83. Please include the output number to the nearest decimal point in the cover letter.
We will not accept applications without a cover letter to accompany your resume.
Abyss Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at the workplace. We welcome and highly encourage women, people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent and people from diverse backgrounds to apply.