WORK AT ABYSS SOLUTIONS
Abyss Solutions employs professionals from a variety of different backgrounds to join our dynamic and multidisciplinary team.
- We are always looking for experts in:
- Civil Engineering;
- Environmental Engineering;
- Machine Learning;
- Other related areas.
1. ROV Operations Manager
We are looking for an ROV Operations Manager to help us to build and lead our operations team on/off field to collect data for infrastructure condition assessments. Infrastructures include dams, canals, tunnels, ports, ships, pipelines, etc. Most of the operations are ROV based, however, some operations also include piloting RC ground vehicles, water surface vehicles, crawlers or collecting data using UAVs (outsourcing may be done depending on difficulty level).
Initially, the focus will be on developing a team of operations personnel which work together with a technical development team (roboticists, machine learning and computer vision experts, and system and controls engineers) to streamline and automate data collection using ROVs for repeatable and cost-effective broad scale imaging surveys. Once this has been achieved, the focus will shift to growing the number of teams nationally and internationally. The manager will then be in charge of all of these teams.
- Developing a scalable operations team in collaboration with the technical development team
- Managing operations
- Ensuring Safety of Asset, Personnel, Environment, and Deliverables
- Piloting ROV during operations and technology tests
- Organizing and conducting operations as the need arises, including the transport of the equipment and personnel
- Help in writing policies such as operational procedures, project risk assessments and save work methods documents
- Instructing junior technical staff
- Conducting and instructing technical staff on ROV maintenance
- Operating other instruments such as various navigation systems, imaging systems and other sensors/actuators.
- Reporting WHS incidents as instructed by policy and legislation
- Reporting on operation results and consulting with other Abyss teams about data captured
- Assisting the technical development team by providing advise on new technology needsSetting and achieving quality metrics (towards no-fail operations)
- Understanding the companies data products
- Working together with the management team on strategy from the perspective of efficiency and scalability
- ROV Pilot (required)
- ROV academy training is required
- Regularly working off site
- Use of various navigation systems and imaging sonars
- WHS certification
- White Card
- Be able to swim (for WHS reasons)
- Familiarity with the Linux Operating System
Please send CV and Cover letter to Nasir Ahsan ([email protected])
2. Commercial/Financial Manager
We are looking for a reliable Commercial/Financial Manager that will analyze everyday commercial and financial activities and subsequently provide advice and guidance to management team. The goal is to enable the company’s executive team to make sound business decisions and meet the company’s objectives.
Being a young and dynamic company, the business is constantly evolving in all aspects. Therefore the financial manager’s input will be required at all times to keep Abyss’s financial position strong and ready for further growth. Reporting to the CFO, you will be required to keep track of all aspects of the finance department at present and provide projection for the future.
- Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action;
- Advise on investment activities and provide strategies that the company should take;
- Maintain the financial health of the organization;
- Analyse costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans;
- Develop trends and projections for the firm’s finances;
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for revenue growth and cost-efficiency opportunities;
- Manage the preparation of the company’s budget;
- Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained;
- Correspond with various other departments, discussing company plans and agreeing on future paths to be taken.
- Undergraduate degree in Commerce, Finance, Accounting or Economics;
- Experience in the accounting or financial sectors with previous possible roles such as financial analyst;
- Understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market patterns;
- Ability to analyse data in new markets and drive the data gathering process to improve the analysis;
- Proficient user of accounting software (Xero) for management reporting and analysis;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles;
- Working knowledge of all applicable statutory legislation and regulations;
- Professional qualification such as CFA/CPA or similar will be considered a plus.
Please send CV and Cover letter to Gabriela Lumiatti ([email protected])